I gotta admit, doing nailart is the epitome of my procrastination. It is currently the week of our uni SWOTVAC which means I should be studying hardcore for my end of year exams. But instead I did my nails for Halloween. I blame Mary for it though, for telling me that there was a nailart competition going on for Priceline on their instagram.
It ends on the 31st October so if you want to enter, then go for it!!
My inspiration for this Halloween mani were sugar skulls. I am yet to do a makeup creation for it! (I can foresee another procrastination session very soon...)
1. After base coat, apply a coat of off-white polish as the base colour. Let it fully dry then carefully place glitter pieces to create two circular eyes.
2. Using a dotting tool, dot the teeth using a lighter white polish.
3. With various bright colours of your choice either dot or draw patterns on the forehead or cheeks of the skull.
4. Using a brush or a dotting tool, draw on the nose in the shape of an inverted heart using a black polish.
5. Using the same polish as Step 4, draw in some lines or dots for the cheeks of the skull.
6. Here is the trickiest part. Using a brush or a dotting tool draw the outlines for the teeth with the same black polish, being careful to go around the white teeth drawn in Step 2. I found that a dotting tool works better than a brush for this step.
7. Using a grey polish and a dotting tool, fill in the eyeball gaps. I also added on some silver dots on the forehead to add more sparkle. Apply top coat, and you're done!!
Products used (in order of usage):
Sally Hansen - Complete Salon Manicure Smooth & Strong Base Coat
OPI - My Boyfriend Scales Walls
Australis - Nail Glitter Top Coat in Fairy Bread
Kiss - Nail Artist Paint & Stencil Kit in White
Hello Kitty - Vernis A Ongles Laque & Shine in Eva Pink
Face of Australia - Pastels Nail Enamel in Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy
Face of Australia - Pastels Nail Enamel in Would You Like Some Orange Sherbet?
Face of Australia - Pastels Nail Enamel in After Dinner Mint
Face of Australia - Pastels Nail Enamel in Boys 'N' Berries
Kiss - Nail Artist Paint & Stencil Kit in Black
Maybelline New York - Color Show Nail Lacquer in Impeccable Greys
Kiss - Nail Artist Paint & Stencil Kit in Silver
Sally Hansen - Complete Salon Manicure Ultra-Wear Top Coat
This is probably the most complicated yet successful mani that I've created thus far. Having said that it did take me a bloody long time & effort. Let me know if you've also created a Halloween themed nailart. I would love to see them!