So we decided to start a new series. As most of us these days do a lot of our shopping online it is always good to know which ones can be trusted and how to get the best value for your money. Here we will be sharing our experiences with certain shopping sites and you can decide whether they are worth giving money to.
The first site brought to the table is from our recent haul and that is Cherry Culture. Personally this was the 2nd time that I have ordered from them and I have had a great experience both times. They may not have the cheapest price year round, but US prices works out great for Aussie buyers. So I can usually rely on them to have reasonable prices for brands I love at any time.
The unique thing about this site is their rewards program where you get a $10 gift card for every 250 points you earn. This is great for people who usually do orders with friends because you can rack up those points very easily.
Go to buy: NYX, Milani, Beauty Blender, Ardell, China Glaze, Travalo, DUO
- Rewards program keeps you coming back & you can save a few dollars
- Website is easy to navigate
- Tried to have colour 'swatches' See here. (I like how they say what kind of finish the eyeshadow is)
- Some discounts on already cheap US make up
- 'Swatches' are not true to actual product. I would recommend googling people's swatches to give you a better idea. But this is always going to be a problem with buying things online.
- Range is limited for some brands
- Not the cheapest shipping costs
- Would not dispatch and ship my order promptly (See below)
- Order date: 07/05/13
- Dispatch date: 17/05/13
- Arrival date: 24/05/13
Shipping costs are calculated by weight and this can get quite pricey for international buyers. We ended up spending around $57 on shipping alone. This was not too bad once we split it between the 3 of us who ordered through Cherry Culture - Courtney, Panda and me. So I would never buy things here by myself or just for a few items.
It took them a while to dispatch because I had to confirm my identity with them before they would ship it. So the order was suspended "under security review" for ages. I thought this was weird. It might be because it was a large order coming from overseas.
The packaging was surprising because they did not use bubble wrap but instead neatly wrapped a few products in tissue paper which is then hugely wrapped in a sort of mesh cardboard paper. This would help buffer the products during transit. The paper is a great environmentally friendly alternative but I was a bit worried for my nail polishes when I saw these. Despite using 'paper' these packages actually feel quite secure when held.
- Great place to buy 'drugstore' U.S makeup
- Wish there was cheaper shipping options
- Wait for sales because there will always be a coupon code that you can apply. Sometimes they have extremely crazy ones, like the recent 40% off NYX
- Will definitely be shopping here again